“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” -Helen Keller

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Speaking of candied bacon...

I just tested my candied bacon recipe and it was a success! Will take pictures next time, as the 6 slices of bacon went straight from the pan into my mouth in about 20 seconds flat.

My recipe is inspired by the candied bacon I used to eat at Shopsin's (which I would get with their mac'n'cheese pancakes). I used a little dijon mustard in my recipe for some depth. But be careful with this one-- it's a little too easy to eat!

Candied Bacon

Ingredients
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
6-8 slices regular cut bacon

Preparation
Combine maple syrup, sugar and dijon mustard in a large bowl. Cover bacon with mixture (I used my hands to roll the bacon around in the bowl).

Assemble the bacon in a single layer on baking pan lined with parchment paper.

Bake on top rack at 375", flipping once, to desired crispness. I typically drain the fat halfway through.


NOTE: The recipe might also work with granulated sugar, if that's all you have. But I do think the hint of molasses is a great addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment