“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” -Helen Keller

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thank you, Universe


Today I tried getting a fast food lunch for the first time since I started at my job 4 months ago. On my way back to the car, I stumbled (over nothing from what I could tell) and lost half my Mexican pizza on the asphalt.

At first I cursed, my stomach grumbled, then I walked dejectedly back to my vehicle feeling sadly devoid of crispy tortillas loaded with fake cheese and artificial enchilada sauce. Then I realized the Universe was doing me a favor by making me clumsily fall while walking on a perfectly level concrete sidewalk.

That's all the sign I needed that I should not be eating fast food at lunch. An In'n'Out burger once in awhile is fine, but do I need to be loading myself up with processed food only to go and sit at my desk all day long? Nope, says the powers that be.

No comments:

Post a Comment